Assistant Stage Manager
ASSISTANT STAGE MANAGER (Book Cover)
Peter Pan Goes Wrong
UK Tour with West End Christmas Season
Kenny Wax Ltd is one of the leading Production Companies operating in the West End and on Tour. Peter Pan Goes Wrong is one of its big successes both on stage and screen and will soon be opening on Broadway. We are a company that offers a work culture that nurtures and encourages personal and professional development. We encourage diversity and inclusion across all our shows and welcome applications from all backgrounds and levels of experience.
Assistant Stage Manager (Book Cover)
Salary: £700 per performance week plus touring allowance & travel
Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, First Aid Training if needed, Wellbeing and Resilience programmes, access to physiotherapy
Contract: Fixed Term 32 weeks
Show schedule: performances are 6 days per week either Monday – Saturday or Tuesday – Sunday depending on each venue’s schedule.
Holiday: 28 days per year
Start Date: August 2023
Location: Various UK Touring venues & the West End
Personal Attributes: We are looking for applicants with previous book cover experience in a similar role on tour or the West End. The role requires someone who has a strong ability to work as part of a team and in high pressure situations. Last minute cast changes are normal on this production, so applicants must be able to adapt quickly.
- To work with the Stage Manager, Company Manager and Deputy Stage Manager to learn and perform stage plots;
- To learn and keep up-to-date with ‘the book’ and call the show as a book cover when required;
- To supervise show crew and/or deps including the in-house technical team and perform a pivotal role in the smooth running of the show from venue to venue;
- To maintain show cue sheets and paperwork in collaboration with the Deputy Stage Manager;
- To recognise where maintenance work needs to be carried out or replacements are required and bring this to the attention of the Stage Manager;
- To take part in maintenance calls and attend understudy rehearsals as required;
- To maintain and source props, carrying out repairs in emergencies as required;
- To support automation and performer flying requirements;
- To assist the Stage Management team with rehearsal requirements including: script copies, stage mark-up, rehearsal and prop requests;
- Any other reasonable duty that would normally fall within the remit of an Assistant Stage Manager based on industry norms and practice.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive and flexible attitude;
- Previous experience of UK Touring;
- Previous experience of working as part a team;
- The ability to work well with actors and creative team;
- The ability to work under pressure and effectively prioritise;
- Awareness of current health & safety legislation;
- Experience with performer flying is desirable;
- Strong working knowledge of UK Theatre & SOLT Equity and BECTU agreements.